Monday, April 13, 2009

Awakening.

Father, speak to me.
Where am I?
I know why you sacrificed.
But have forgotten that you
Sacrificed.
I have been raised to celebrate.
Forgotten to remember.
Raised to appreciate.
Forgotten to say "Thank you."
Will I ever learn?
I am a long history of doubt.
Fly-by-night faith.
Fleeting glances of You.
Wandering in Nowheresville.
Do I simply accept this fact?
Do I stick my head in the sand?
Or do I finally break free?
Finally accept the truth:
You are nothing like
Nothing I have ever known.
You are more.
More than knowing.
More than worthy of celebrating.
More than needing of appreciation.
Yes, Lord.
Here am I.
Ready to listen.
This is your day.
Your moment of glory.
Our moment of life-birth.
This is Easter.
May I never forget.

(a poem I wrote a few years ago after realizing that Easter had come and gone and I had paid no thought to it's meaning.)

No comments: