Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Holy Fervor: Men.

Men.
Created first.
First to walk with God.
First to be given responsibility.
First to be silent.
I just watched a video by Pastor Mark Driscoll. It deals with the responsibility God expects from His men. Mark looks at two typical kinds of men. Two kinds of men God never intended.
God alone gives definition. And today -- right now -- men need to revisit God's definition for man. Pastor Mark explores this topic with fervor (a really smart sounding word meaning passion). He tells it like it is. And offers a glimpse into what God expects and how God reacts when men are idiots.
And we are.
I am.
This message caught hold of me. God's Spirit caught hold of me through this message.
Please -- whether you are a man, woman, married, engaged, dating, or single -- sit down at your computer and watch the entirety of this video.
You will not leave the same.
I promise.
Or I'll owe you a cup of coffee.

Here is the link:
http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/trial/marriage-and-men

I pray that God uses this in big ways. Thanks Scott for showing it to me.
Please, let me know if you have any thoughts.
Welcome. To the conversation.

No comments: