Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spewing Coffee from France

Sitting here in the back pew at Alliance Community Church.
Exhausted.
Two meetings this morning and afternoon with ministry people from the campus of UMD. Trying to establish some contacts in the area.
But tired.
Very tired.
What does it mean to be a disciple of Christ? In our time? In our culture?
The world is so fast moving and broad. So many different searches for "truth." New waves of communication are creating less and less connected people. Even what I am doing right now would fall under this category. Comfortably sitting in a church pew in a city some of you probably have never heard of.
Duluth.
And I can communicate with you by simply moving my fingers over just the right letters, in just the right sequence.
But are we connected?
Do we know each other?
Are we having a conversation?
Not really.
What has happened between the Garden of Eden and the year 2009?
Where is all this modern day technology getting us?
Are we better for it?
I don't know. I don't think so.
But that is just me.
It is cool how we can stay in contact (somewhat) no matter where we are in the world. That part is cool. I could be sitting in a coffee shop in France for all you know (except for the fact that I already told you I was in Duluth).
But I am just spewing my thoughts right now.
I am still tired.
Maybe I will go take a nap.
Later.

No comments: