Saturday, October 4, 2008

Birthday Thanks...

So today is my birthday. I will be 22-years old as of 7:43pm. This is not a big jump. Nothing like at 13 (no more trying to be cool like a teenager, now you are one), 16 ("sixteen candles...."), 18 (officially legal to buy cigarettes, lotto tickets, make it into any movie, and by default earn the title "adult"), or 21 (well, we all know what comes with this one...). 22 is just a new age. But I really want to thank those of you who are helping to make the day a celebration.
Later today, I get to hang out with some really cool people. I'll be going to the Hope Homecoming football game and the dance following. I guess I was asked to the dance by 4 ladies. So I'll be their male escourt. Woooohooo! But I just wanted to thank you for helping to make this day special. Every new age of a person's life is a new opportunity for God to grow you in wisdom and gray hairs. And I do want wisdom. I look forward to wisdom. To gaining wisdom. The Bible talks about the wisdom of a person quite often. It even becomes personified in Proverbs. I know that things have been a little rough lately. But I do appreciate what you're doing. And I know this day will be whatever I allow it to be.

Thank you, Father, for blessing me with 22-years on this earth. Thank you for blessing me with people who care enough to go out of their way to do something nice for me. And I ask you Father that you would give me joy again. I just want your joy again. Amen-

No comments: