Monday, October 6, 2008

A Sunrise of the Fourth Age

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:2-4
This past Sunday, the leaders in the church announced to the congregation that the consistory and pastoral search team had extended a call to a new minister (actually a husband-wife ministry team). A process that began 18-months ago is now finally coming to a near close. The husband and wife combo will be coming to preach in two weeks. They have two young daughters and are coming from out-of-state. But the point of all this is to say that a new age has arrived. This couple will bring with them a whole new look at ministry. They will come in with fresh glasses. They bring experience, enthusiasm, and passion.
I am ready for this change. The past few months have been kicking my soul's butt. I have felt the need to always be on guard. And I have felt the weight of a heavy yoke. But God is working on my character development. He is teaching me perseverance. I am asking, from Him, for a spirit of contentment.

No comments: