Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hole.

Hole.

I see you there.

What do I care.

I have tried.

Too many times.

Too many shapes.

Too many sizes.

To fill you up.

To close you in.

But nothing ever seems to fit.


Yet still I grab.

For more and more.

For things that never ever.

Could endure.

They come and go.

They push and pull.

All trying to fill my hole.


Boys.

Girls.

Dolls.

Cars.

Fantasies.

Friends.

Food.

Theology.

Relativism.

Lusts.

Money.

Music.

Clothes.

Plastic.

Self.


All have left me empty.

With nothing but a scar.

Still they try.

Again and again.

To come back.

And help a "friend."


But I am done.

I want no more.

I am finished.

Walking out the door.


Here He comes.

He is almost near.

Barely I can hear.

The sound of One whispering.

In my ear.


"I have come.

Simply.

To be.

The puzzle piece.

That you seek.


Stop trying other things.

And you will quickly see.

That I.

Yes, it is Me.

Only I fit perfectly."

No comments: